GIMP 2.8.18 Overview
GIMP is an open source application used for photo manipulation. It is a cross platform application that runs on Windows, Mac and Linux. GIMP is basically the short form of GNU Image Manipulation Program. GIMP is said to be an alternative of Adobe Photoshop. It provides multiple options and tools for image manipulation and support lots of different plugins. You can perform multiple manipulation tasks including image composition, image construction, photo retouching.
GIMP also comes in handy as a simple paint program. It can be used in multiple ways; as a Mass production image renderer; as an expert quality photo retouching application; as an image converter or as an online batch processing system. GIMP can be installed in three different modes: Express mode, Custom mode and advanced mode.
The interface it provides is complex and takes time to get used to it. It provides different tools for simple tasks and you can also perform complex tasks. It provides multiple effects and layers to carry out the common tasks. GIMP is best at speed, all the tasks get done in a short time. It is best for both the novice and experienced users.
Features of GIMP
The following great features are provided by Gimp 2.8.18 free download to its users:
- Free and open source software
- Easy to use and easy to install
- Best competitor of Adobe Photoshop
- Provides great image manipulation
- Provides different customization options
- Photo editing tools, effects and layers
- Suitable for photo retouching techniques, photo enhancement, digital retouching
- Supports input devices
- Provides transformation tools like rotate, shear, scale and flip
- Supports many file formats including JPEG, GIF, TIFF, MPEG, PS, PDF, BMP, PCX, TGA, XPM, PNG and many more
- Available in multiple languages
Other Utilities Software are also available in market to help you in maintaining your system performance.
Technical Setup Details
Setup File Size:
- For Windows: 73.8 MB
- For Mac: 55.7 MB
- 32 Bit Support: Yes
- 64 Bit Support: Yes
- Operating Systems: Windows and Mac
Before you start Gimp 2.8.18 free download, make sure your system meets the requirements given below:
- Supported Windows Version: Windows XP (with Service Pack 3) / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
- Supported Mac Version: Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- Intel Pentium 4 (or later) Processor required
- 512 MB of RAM and 60 MB of free hard disk space required
GIMP 2.8.18 Free Download
You can get the GIMP 2.8.18 free download by clicking one of the following buttons of your choice: